Monday, July 22, 2013

SALSA!

I think that the ingredient of the week (or the next few recipes?) (it's an official title now) is going to be crushed tomatoes. Apparently, this is sold. It saves a shit ton of time when you're trying to make pasta sauce. It brings down cooking time from like 2 hours to 20 minutes. It's amazing.

So all of this leads to this weeks experiment, basil tomato pasta sauce over 8-grain spaghetti. The recipe is here. It's extremely simple and convenient to do if you're doing something in the background (like, say, this). I also replaced the basil with parsley, because parsley rocks. Basil is cool too, but I just don't have any.

This was the end result. It was pretty tasty. 
I think I'll be experimenting with the crushed tomatoes a bit more this week, and see what else I can come up with.

Until the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment