Sunday, June 16, 2013

Pita Pizza

So, this week should be rather 'normal', and by normal I mean that I will spend more time in Rehovot than outside Rehovot. Also, it's a Sunday and I had to go to work today.

I just prepared this very quick pita pizza. Pre-heat the oven at about 175-200 C. Grab a pita and put tomato sauce on one side. Try to get as much surface covered as possible. Next, place your favorite slice of cheese on top. Add some olives, mushrooms, parsley (which are all awesome in Israel) and place in oven (or toaster-oven if there's no oven). Take it out when the cheese has melted. 

While the pizza was getting cooked, I also prepared some israeli salad (also known as salad here). This time I threw in some parsley and onions, too. As always, this was a good side. 

I don't know why the picture looks so funny, but the food was good.
As much as I'd like to get away from fast, college-like cooking I don't have the time or resources to actually do something super awesome. However, Israeli food is pretty good and healthy in general.

Until the next post!

2 comments:

  1. I recently had a pita-pizza with fresh tomatoes, dried tomatoes, mozzarella, olive oil, oregano, and basil - it is not Israeli cuisine but it is delicious variation of Ariel's recipe !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ariel that salad is nos Israeli salad i Arabic Salad :)

    ReplyDelete